Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Grandma's "Every-Day Cook-Book" #3: WATSON CONNECTIONS

 (Smith/Post)

 (THIS IS A FOLLOW-UP TO Grandma's "Every-Day Cook-Book" #1: JENNY.)


Remember the mystery photo I discovered tucked into the old cookbook?

 I did a little search of my family tree and found only one relative from that generation who might be THAT "Jenny." Although I still may not have made the right connection, my search provided a peek into my great-grandmother Emma (Emerine) Smith's MATERNAL ancestry.

Here's what I found:


NOTE: Jennie Watson's father, Lewis H., was a machinist and inventor. Between 1884-1892, he held patents on almost a dozen inventions including an ironing machine. His son Nelson also patented various mechanical/electrical innovations such as his 1908 electric air compressor.

Among the numerous Watson, Emerine, and Smith family members whose graves can be found at the Denton Cemetery in Van Buren Twp., Wayne County, Michigan, are -from above- Walter and Rebecca WATSON, Marietta and John EMERINE, Emma (Emerine) and William R. SMITH, and Jennie WATSON Mason.

Many of the Smith family also interred there include Emma's husband William R.'s mother and father, Ishmael and Honour (Reynolds) SMITH and his grandparents, William H. and Sarah (Watts) SMITH.

No comments:

Post a Comment